Saturday, April 7, 2007

Doggy Warhol


This week's cool find is Noisy Dog Studio. Leigh Jackson, a dog lover and artist, will create an original painting of your dog for a fee. The paintings are acrylic on wrapped canvas and start at $175 for an 8x8. All she needs is a clear photograph of your boo boo bear (yes, I said boo boo bear). Some of you that know me are probably wondering why I would feature dog portraits when I am a borderline crazy cat lady. Well I like Leigh Jackson's style. ArtPaw.com also has interesting custom pet portraits but your photo is actually adhered to the canvas and then they paint over the top (see below). And then there is Jessica from Maxine&Sophie.com who paints pet portraits in more loose, modern style. And her work starts at $150 for an 8x10 acrylic on canvas.I'll stop here because I'm beginning to sound like an eccentric pet freak. Plus my cat just told me that she wants to do the NY Times crossword together. Of course I know cats don't talk, sillypants. She told me with mind waves...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate,

Thank you for the lovely write up about my dog portraits !